An exciting opportunity at Canterbury Volleyball
We’re looking for an outgoing, enthusiastic, organized person to take over our Development Manager role.
The role requires a person who can continue to develop, manage and deliver some of our well established programmes, while looking into future opportunities to grow the sport.
We need someone who:
* Has a “can do” attitude, a tonne of enthusiasm and great personality
* Is experienced in either sports administration, management or development (this is not essential, but preferable)
* Has good time management and organizational skills
* Is able to talk to anyone and build relationships with any age group
* Can work autonomously
* Can coach kids of any age in a positive way
Hours of work are mainly Monday-Friday, with some weekend work for major tournaments. The role is an average of 30 hours per week, with the potential for more. The role is supported by the Canterbury Volleyball committee and our office super star.
Key responsibilities are:
* Identify demand for volleyball programs among school age children, and create, manage and deliver suitable volleyball programs and events
* Assist with the promotion, improvement, management and delivery of established programs and events for all ages and levels of players
* Work with organisations and individuals to optimise resources within the region and coordinate inter-regional and national resources
* Identify demand for coaching and refereeing programs, and create, manage & deliver programs to meet these needs
* Maintain, enhance/upgrade records
Volleyball is an amazing sport. It is the 2nd most widely played sport for high school girls in New Zealand and 8th for boys. There are a vast number of opportunities and we would really like to find someone who wants to sink their teeth into what will be an extremely rewarding, and also challenging position.
E-mail your c.v. and covering letter to: email@example.com